Welcome to my new kitchen!!!  

Posted by: Julie

Oh dear, what a yucky day to be out and about… so wet, windy and cold!

100_5101

Come in, come in and dry off. We won’t stop in the laundry room today (it’s not totally finished) but it’s still warm and welcoming.

100_5099

Let’s step through this door into the kitchen.

100_5083

Come along and I'll show you all the little details.

This is the bar area near my sink.

100_5060

I love that space but I don’t “use” it that often so I thought I’d dress it up a bit. (please don’t mind the cords, I’ll be hiding them in the near future) Click HERE to see a close up of the center piece.

While we’re standing here let’s look up.

On the top of the cabinets to the right I have a basket of apples…

100_5092

and on the cabinets to the left I have a little print (from Walmart) and one of my rooster canisters (from TJ Maxx).

100_5091

In the space on the wall above the window I have this little sign I found at Ross…

100_5088

Further down we have more cabinets and counter space.

100_5066

Here’s a different view.

I framed cookie molds for the art work and I set my re-purposed tins here. Click HERE and HERE to see how I did it. In the corner I have bunches and bunches of apples.

100_5087

See my apple plates? Click HERE to see how I made them.

Have you noticed my cabinet knobs? Click HERE to see how I updated them.

100_5055

Okay, forgive me, this is the un-finished part of the kitchen…the big, green monster!

(I’m going to paint it white like the rest of the cabinets in the kitchen. I just haven’t had the time.)

100_5054

It is Kenton’s office space. I added a brownish-blackish clock (found at TJ Maxx) above the desk and a print (from Walmart) on the wall beside the glass door. See the lamp? It used to be brass. I painted it black and sponged on bronze paint. It’s going to be fantastic when the desk is white!

Now here is the view of the kitchen from the glass door.

I changed the curtains from white to checked black and brown that I found at Lowe’s.

My dad came across the great rug I have under the table. It helps warm up that big, white floor.

100_5053

These cabinets are on the wall between the door to my laundry room and the door to my living room.

I love to listen to my radio when I am working in the kitchen and this is a great spot for it to be.

100_5095

I loved this print when I saw it at Hobby Lobby and I knew it would be perfect in my kitchen.

Here’s a close up (excuse the reflections)100_5094

We are back to the fridge and here are the pretties I have on top. The rooster canister came from TJ Maxx, the cups from Goodwill and the vase belongs to my grandmother.

100_5097

I even found matching salt and pepper shakers!

100_5062





I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my kitchen.

Thank you for coming by for a visit!

Please come back anytime :-)

100_5065


For more transformations,

visit Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

This entry was posted on 4:31 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

17 comments

Don't paint the desk. That is how it is suppose to look. It wouldn't be the same if you painted it.

That comment about the desk is from Gabrienne. I didn't know how to get my name to be there.

This comment has been removed by the author.

I love your kitchen. It is beautiful. I only wish mine were so clean I could show it to you on the internet.

Lovely--I love the desk the way it is--it just has so much character.

Cheri

Love it all. How beautiful. Just for the record....I like the Green Monster! I like a bit of color here or there. :-) But either way I know it will all be wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

the kitchen looks great! I love the green desk, my vote is don't paint it! did you do away with the "ice house" light?

Beautiful kitchen! Love all the decorative touches.
Following you! Stop by and follow me?

Dena
sweetpicklesandchocolate

I love your background too! would you mind if I used the same one????

The prob with keeping the desk green is it smells! It was my FIL's desk in his old store and he was a MAJOR smoker. The smell of the desk makes me gag lOl.

Windy ~ I had to ditch the Ice House sign. It was pretty when it was turned on, but when it was off it just looked like a mess! When hubby has his ice building on our property it will go there. I hated that but I couldn't deal with the the black blob on the wall all the time ;)

Nice and everything looks spic and span! Like the wall color too.

This is a nice bright kitchen. Very inviting to work in. Congrats on the remodel.

@Cheap Chic Home. What a lovely tour--if that's really your laundry room it looks great to me. My favorite thing is your framed cookie molds--I used to have some that were just stored, I'm going to see if they are till around so they can see the light of day.

I love your warm and cheery kitchen and yes i would love to come in and sit awhile...Everything looks beautiful, I am a new follower of yours and would love for you to come and visit me...

I love your kitchen transformation! It looks so cheery and inviting! It is encouraging to know you did it all on a budget! I wish my kitchen were that CLEAN and PRETTY! :)

Post a Comment