Make It Yourself Monday  

Posted by: Julie in ,

Angie at Thrifty Florida Mama is hosting "Make It Yourself Monday" I thought I'd share our homemade Taco seasoning. We love to have tacos and several times I found I didn't have one of those taco seasoning packets on hand when I wanted to fix tacos for dinner. I decided to see if I could find a recipe to make my own seasoning. I always have these spices on hand so it's easy to whip up tacos whenever we want!

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (we omit this due to little ones sensitive tongues)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

In as small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Store in an air tight container. To use: add 3 tablespoons and 2/3 cup of water to 1 lb. cooked and drained ground beef. Simmer about 10 minutes.

This entry was posted on 5:24 PM and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I will be using that! Usually I don't follow a seasoning recipe - too complicated - I just wing it. But this is al stuff I have so it will be easy. Thanks a bunch!

Post a Comment