Sneak Peak at Kitchen Re-do  

Posted by: Julie

Okay, I am down to the final details in my kitchen and soon I'll be taking you all on a tour, but I wanted to give you a sneak peak and show you what a difference window treatments can make.

Here is a picture of my old window treatments in my kitchen after I painted.
WAY too much white!



Next, I found these great valances at Lowe's.

Better, right?
I thought so, too, except for one thing.
I raised my rods so they would be in line with my cabinets and so more light would come through the windows. The only problem with that is you could see the tops of the molding around my windows and the ugly part of the mini-blinds.

Here's a closer look:

Boy was that driving me CRAZY!!!

I had to fix it!

HAD TO, I tell ya!


Ah, isn't that better?

I purchased some fabric at Walmart and basted it to the back of the valances.
It takes care of seeing the white molding peaking through and the valances hang much better!


So, what do you think?

This entry was posted on 4:54 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment