Good Bye Wall Paper ~ Hello Paint  

Posted by: Julie in

As promised, here are some BEFORE and AFTERS of my kitchen. I really liked my wall papered kitchen. Loved it in fact, but the seams were starting to pull apart, there were tears here and there and it was getting dingy. As much as I loved it, it was time for a change.


BEFORE




AFTER
(The above view is from the door that goes into our living room area.)



AFTER
(This view is from the door that comes in from our laundry room)

There is still much that needs to be done in here as well:

*I still need to paint all the trim work in here.

*New window treatments for sure.

*I need some art work in here as well.

*Right behind the table is a big, empty wall that is just
crying out for something.

*I also think I am going to paint my door knobs to a brushed pewter.
(The brass and white knobs are very dated and should be changed.
I have 52 knobs in my kitchen and laundry room.
The budget does not allow me to go out and buy new ones
so I'll be making a trip to Lowe's pretty soon for some spray paint ;-)



Yes, I loved my wall papered kitchen and it served me well for over 10 years, however, I'm really enjoying my new painted kitchen and I'm looking forward to spending lots of time in it cooking for my family :-)

Good Bye wall papered kitchen. Thanks for the memories.

Hello painted kitchen. Welcome home!

This entry was posted on 7:00 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

It looks great! Show us the new curtains and art work when you get them done:)

wow--love that color and so much nicer then the busy wallpaper!

Post a Comment