Homemade Cleaning Wipes  

Posted by: Julie




I'm trying really hard to get back to everyday cleaning around my house.
One thing that makes my life MUCH easier is to have cleaning wipes in the bathrooms so I can easily "swish and swipe" my counters. The only problem is that the cleaning wipes you purchase are small and can be expensive (unless you get a good deal and a coupon!). So, I make up a large container of homemade cleaning wipes and stash them under the counter in each bathroom. They are SO super easy to do:


I use concentrated Lysol (purchaed for next to nothing using sales and coupons), good paper towels and a plastic container that has a top.


I pull off all the paper towels and stuff them into my container.



Then I used 3 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 cup Lysol cleaner


and poured it all over the paper towels.
Talk about super simple!

So, how do they work?


Here is my yucky bathroom counter after 4 kiddos brush their teeth.
Gosh, what messy little critters they are LOL!

I grabbed a wipe and swiped over the counter and sink and



Ahhh.....MUCH better!

This entry was posted on 2:27 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

GREAT idea!!! Gonna have to do this!

Good idea! I appreciate your creativity!

Fabulous!

I use a ton of these every month and always seem to run out before the coupons roll around again.

I'm so thrilled you posted this! Thanks-

-Lauren

I cut old kitchen and bath towels into 4ths and stash them under the sink in the bathroom and kitchen along with a repurposed spray bottle of vinegar. I like the towels as rags better than the wipe because they have a little extra scrubbing oomph when I need it unlike the wipes. When I finish, I pop them into the laundry. It really doesn't add much extra to the laundry I do anyway. If the rag gets really yucky during cleaning I throw it away because in this house, we always seem to be wearing out regular towels. why is that?

Awesome idea! I'm going to have to make some of these up:)

This is on my list of To-Do's!
Blessings,
Amy

This is a great idea. I think I'll make a batch and put in my girls bathroom. They are big enough to clean up after themselves.

I am going to try this out! I work in a preschool and I go through Clorox wipes faster than anything! I use a bleach spray most of the time, but there are times when I need to wipe down toys that I don't want to spray with bleach water. I am headed to Goodwill in the morning to see if I can't find a container with a lid!

I can't wait to try this! Now I just have to hunt for a plastic container to use...

I tried this today and am totally HOOKED! And, the container I used was an old clorox wipes container :) ironic?!

Post a Comment