This week Ingles has ground chuck on sale for
$1.98 per lb.
I don't have the complete break down on the cost for each item, but I figure you have most of this on hand already , right? :-)
The beef will cost $1.98 for this recipe, a few cents for the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
Add $2 for a pack of buns and you're got Sloppy Joe's for 4 for around $4.00!
Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns.