Most of these run about 4 - 5 lbs each putting your cost at $5.56 - $6.95 for a roast. You will cook it all at once but there will easily be enough for 2 meals and possibly a lunch or two. This will put your cost at $2.78 - $3.48 for two meals.
- Get out that trusty crock pot.
- Take your roast and salt it well all over.
- Put the roast in the crock pot with the fat side on top.
- Fill the crock pot at least half way with water.
- Put the top on and turn the crock pot on high.
- Cook 6-8 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
That's all there is to it! When it's done, I like to pull it into shreds and discard the fatty pieces.
You can serve this as a BBQ plate with your favorite BBQ sauce, some green beans and potato salad or you can make BBQ sandwiches with baked beans and fries.
This will make more BBQ than you realize. With an average family of 4, you'll probably have half of the meat leftover. Once it's cool, package in a freezer bag and pop it in the freezer. Now you are ready for BBQ on one of those super busy nights when you don't have time to cook. Just take out the meat in the morning and put it in the fridge. When you are ready for dinner, just heat up the meat, add your favorite sauce and you are good to go!