De Clutter Mission: The Entertainment Center  

Posted by: Julie in , ,

I have been neglecting my living room for too long. Oh, this much used room gets tidied up every night, but cleaned? Um…well we won’t tell exactly how long it’s been ;-)

With my oldest sons birthday party coming on Sunday, it’s the perfect time to get this room spic and span.

My mission today was to get the entertainment center de-cluttered and dusted.

As you can see in my before picture, it was a mess:

100_2747

Now it’s all nice and neat.

100_2748

I’d love to do a decorating overhaul here, but you frugal folks know that it’s got to be done in the right time with the least amount of money. So, using what few do-dads that I have, I did the best I could.

I really need to update the kids pictures. I mean, those pics in the middle were taken at Easter 2004! My now nearly 6 year old was 9 months in her picture.

And see that pitiful short frame on the end? Well, that is baby #4’s 18 month picture (he’s almost 3 now). I wanted his picture with the others, but I couldn’t find a matching frame so his picture just got stuck in one and put on the shelf.

I would also like to eliminate several of the pictures on the shelves. Oh, I love them, don’t get me wrong. BUT….there needs to be a few more “pretty-pretties” and a few less kids pictures, ya know?

For the most part, the living room /dining room / study area is de-cluttered. One good part about not having much furniture or many shelves is not having a place to clutter up.

Later in the week I’ll be wiping, dusting, vacuuming and putting things in their place.

For now, I’m happy with what I have accomplished.

Tomorrow I have a meeting at school, then I need to shop for the birthday boy. We’re having a small, family party at home on Sunday . This year he asked for a “cookie cake” which is cool with me. Those are much easier to make than the decorated cakes I usually make. That also means there is no “theme” so the party supplies will be kept to a bare minimum. Simple and sweet…gotta love it!

Well, the kitchen is calling….”Time to get dinner started”…..

This entry was posted on 5:58 PM and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment